We are re-opening!
We are delighted to announce that we are now re-opening to the public this weekend!
Following a trial last weekend where we invited our members to the Mill to try out our new processes and procedures we are now ready to welcome back all our fabulous customers to enjoy a drink in our beer garden.
Director, John Evans, said he was looking forward to seeing lots of friendly faces again, "These last 16 weeks have been very challenging for everyone within the pub industry, but we really do feel as though there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. We were delighted how well last weekend went and, although we are not able to operate at our usual full capacity, everyone who came seemed to really enjoy being back out in the beer garden with a fresh pint!
"We have had to make some significant changes to ensure we adhere to the government guidelines but we are confident that you will receive a warm welcome when you arrive and feel safe during your time here. We will have our four most popular ales available - Mill Race, Bell Ringer, Crooked Hooker and Black Fire - with of course some wines, gins and soft drinks for non-beer drinkers. We have had to reduce the drinks menu slightly to ensure we can serve customers as quickly as possible, but we're sure you'll find something you like!"
Everyone who wishes to visit the Mill during the weekend will have to pre-book a time slot. Please read through all the details below to make sure your visit and booking is as smooth and safe as possible.
We look forward to seeing you all here soon!
CHANGES TO OUR PROCEDURES:
To ensure your visit to the Mill in these unusual times is a straightforward and enjoyable as possible we have introduced new processes and procedures for you to be aware of to ensure the safety of both you and our staff :
- The Tap Room and beer garden will be controlled by a one-way system, so please ensure you come through the main Tap Room entrance where a member of staff will be to guide you through the new process.
- There is no entrance or exit from the gate at the rear of the garden adjacent to the Watermeadows.
- Hand sanitising stations will be at the entrance and exit for your use.
- Only two people will be allowed at the bar at any one time to order drinks.
- The two metre rule will be enforced where we are able, both inside and out.
- Tables must not be moved, either within the building or outside in the beer garden, and there must be a maximum of six people per table.
- Payment only by card please.
- If appropriate we may carry out temperature checks if any customers are displaying symptoms.
- Be prepared to queue!
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- We are currently operating with one staff team who are working together throughout the whole weekend as a 'bubble' which will significantly reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- The team have had detailed health and safety training specifically aimed at hygiene and sanitisation prior to re-opening.
- We have ensured all customer areas have had a deep clean prior to re-opening, including an Anti-Viral Sanitising ULV 50 Fogger treatment
- We have installed protection screens around the bar, a one way system through the Tap Room, a separate entrance and exit, reduced the number of tables both inside and out to allow for distanced seating, new sanitising stations at the entrance and the option of table service.
- We are committed to carrying out regular cleaning of the Tap Room, toilet facilities, handrails and door handles as well as the emptying of bins during the half hour in-between each time slot.
PRE-BOOKING TIME SLOTS ONLINE:
- To help control numbers into the Tap Room, we are offering 1.5 hour time-slots throughout the weekend.
- Time-slots MUST be pre-booked online. Apologies if you cannot get the exact time that you would prefer but we are restricted to the number of people allowed per session.
- We respect the Track and Trace system and pre-booking online allows us the opportunity to capture contact details from at least one member of your family or party; this allows us the ability to contact you should we need to if we are alerted to any Covid-19 cases.
- If you turn up without pre-booking you will be turned away.
- At the end of your session we will ask everyone to leave to allow us time to sanitise the Tap Room ready to re-open and welcome in the next session.