Heritage Open Days return
After a very successful first year participating in the Heritage Open Days in 2022, we are back doing it all over again!
This year we've gone ever so slightly bigger and better... see below for the full run down.
Our first event will be held on Sunday 10 September:
- Mini brewery tours will be run on the hour between 12pm-4pm. These will be half hour slots and must be pre-booked online as places are limited
- Fire engine outside the Mill from 12pm-3pm
- Heritage cheese box available from 12pm-5pm
- Folk music from 2pm-5pm in the Malt Room
- And we'll be on the Heritage Bus route provided by Northampton Transport Heritage!
Our second event will be held on Thursday 14 September:
- Did you know that the original part of the mill, dated 1794, once suffered a fire, on 14 September 1911? Well, 112 years on, the Towcester & District Local History Society will be holding a talk up in the Malt Room on this same day offering everyone the chance to learn all about the last 200 years of history of Towcester Mill! The event is free, but tickets must be pre-booked online as places are limited
- The Flavour Trailer will be here from 5pm-8pm (there's got to be a heritage link to burgers here somewhere!)
We can't wait to share the fabulous history of this amazing building with everyone - a massive thanks to the Towcester & District Local History Society for all their research and genuine passion for local history. See you then!